Big Number Three Seven
Another September, another new school year. For me, it means another year of author visits. This will be my 37th year visiting schools. I have had the good fortune to visit schools as close as my neighborhood and as far as South America. The picture above shows a visit I did with the Lincoln International School in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My visits focus mainly on curiosity, the importance of writing, writing process, and the value of collaboration. I show slides, share my books, and provide tips and techniques to help kids improve their written skills.
Since I am writing song lyrics now, I often am accompanied by one of my talented music collaborators. We provide step-by-step guidance and have the kids write thier own lyrics. Then the music guys select a few to make into songs. It's really magical, and the kids (and teachers) love it!
People often ask me, "When are you going to stop doing these visits?"
"Whenever it stops being fun," I tell them.
Comments
Post a Comment